Standards For Indoor Maps
As many indoor map formats and models are developed either as standards or de-facto standards, we are often asked why there are so many and what are their differences. In order to reply to these questions, a subcommittee has been organized under IPIN/ISC, where the missions include
- Understanding each standard or de-fecto standard of indoor maps,
- Comparing them to discover the scope, pros and cons of each standards,
- Investigating the integration for each application type based on use-case study and
- Suggesting any request to each standard development body.
As the first report of the subcommittee activity, we will present the overall concepts of each standard and their comparison.
This meeting is open to public.
Session 1: Introduction to Indoor Map Standards
- Opening and Summary on IPIN/ISC Indoor Mapping Subcommittee – Ki-Joune Li (Pusan National University, South Korea)
- OGC CityGML, IndoorGML – Sisi Zlatanova (UNSW, Australia)
- Indoor OpenStreetMap and KML - A. Pérez-Navarro (Univ. Oberta de Catalunya, Spain), J. Torres-Sospedra (Univ. Jaume I, Spain)
- ESRI Indoor Map – Nitin Bajai (ESRI)
- Summary on other standards (CityGML, IFC, IEEE/(TC204, TC211), IEEE RAS-MDR, and Apple IBMD) – Ki-Joune Li (Pusan National University, South Korea)
Session 2: Future Plan of IPIN/ISC Indoor Map Subcommittee
- Requirements of Indoor Map – Ki-Joune Li (Pusan National University, South Korea)
- Discussion on Future Plan
Organizer of the workshop
IPIN/ISC Indoor Map Subcommittee
Prof. Ki-Joune Li
For further information, please contact Professor Ki-Joune Li (e-mail: email@example.com)