Indoor Localization and Navigation using Smartphone Sensors (Intership)
The link for the job offer is : http://www.europe.naverlabs.com/NAVER-LABS-Europe/Internships/Indoor-Localization-and-Navigation-using-Smartphone-Sensors
An indoor positioning system (IPS) is a system to locate objects or people inside a building using various sensory information collected by a mobile device.
While GPS is used as the de-facto standard technology in outdoor localization, there is no standard for IPS system.
You will carry out research and development work to create a seamless (outdoor/indoor) real-time navigation experience to the end user.
In this project we want to localize a user relying only on the built-in sensors of his/her smartphone.
While most of the recent localization approaches assume that all the smartphone models have the same device characteristics, we will need to consider a more realistic scenario, taking into account that there are variety of different devices, with different characteristics. Battery consumption should also be considered.
You will have a chance to test your algorithms in real world and participate in competition(s), that bring together leading academic and industrial research communities, in order to evaluate different approaches and to address real issues on indoor/urban positioning and navigation.
- In pursuit of Master or Doctoral degree in a relevant field
- Proven experience with Matlab, Python or equivalent prototyping tools.
- In-depth understanding and experience with fundamentals in statistical approaches of signal processing.
- High level of innovation and motivation.
- Excellent English language communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Android (or iOS) development
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- A documented track record of the ability to conduct and complete research projects
As soon as possible
Please send a resume and the latest transcript of your grades to both Leonid.Antsfeld@naverlabs.com and Nicolas.Guerin@naverlabs.com.